Friday, October 20, 2006

Huh?

Writing this late at night, I barely remember the ride in this morning, but I took the Nashbar for the first time in a while. Good to feel the cool air on my face. Better than any cup of coffee (ok, I’m lying here. Some coffee is definitely better than any cold morning ride to work, but it sounded good, eh?). After work I returned a borrowed book that stretched out the ride a bit and took me by the route I use for the Unitarian church.

At the corner that intersects with Nashville road, a major route for cars, I always cut through a circular paved driveway. Today a van turned onto the drive while I was heading through it and an elderly gentleman rolled down his window. I stopped.

I told him that I use his driveway all the time, that I had never met him to ask him or thank him, but I wanted him to know how his stretch of paved driveway allowed me to avoid a short but dangerous stretch of road. I wanted him to know how thankful I was for the privilege of using it and how nice it was to finally meet him. (nyuck, nyuck, yuckity yuck, oh how i did go on and on!)

He found a space in my monologue and told me he was lost and was wondering if I could help him find Belmont Ave. Why yes, I told him. It’s right over there.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home