Friday, October 20, 2006

My Son's mom

I feel pretty lousy about the description of my son's mom in the previous post. Bitter? You bet. Honesty in my feelings requires me to leave it there, however. Hard, cold, unfiltered.

She had a strong role in the miserable part of my 30's.

I remember once telling her that if there was such a thing as Karma, she was going to have hell to pay. Right after I told her that, it struck me that her entire life was hell. Addicted (pills, alcohol, sex, you name it) and mentally ill from an early age, she lived a hell I can never imagine even on my darkest days.

For me to pile on the invective after her death... well, I'm not very proud of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris L said...

Don't beat yourself up about it. It seems to be human nature to glorify the past as much as we can. However, it can be taken too far sometimes, and hiding the truth after someone is gone serves only to prevent us from learning from past mistakes (be they ours or theirs).

Mon Oct 23, 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home