Sunday, October 22, 2006

Curiousity

Last Wednesday a riding buddy Tom and I were heading out to take in the beautiful countryside and get a serious lose a lung workout in. While passing a city park I saw a guy and two women doing the Yang Taiji 24 forms and asked Tom to stop so that I could speak with them.

Me: Howdy! Could I join you for taiji practice at some point in the future? I'm on a bike ride now, but if you meet here regularly, I would like to come by.

She: Weelllllll.. she appeared hesitant and her body language said 'no'.

Me: No biggy. Y'all take care.

And so Tom and I took off on a most amazing and fun bike ride. Had the situation been reversed I would certainly have made an attempt to find out what the 'stranger' knew.

I'm always amazed at how incurious people are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home