Monday, September 04, 2006

Back on the Bike

My good friend Tom W and I set out for the hard-ass hills of Southern KY today. It was good to be pushing the body again after 12 days of scant riding. I ride to live, both physically and metaphysically. I feel more connected with the world while on my bicycle than nearly any other time. Must be the endorphins.

Notable sightings included a raccoon that had climbed a tree and was eyeing us warily with it's bandit face, a blue heron taking off from a pond (I thought of T-shirt #18 at minuscar), a hawk waiting on a haybale for a careless mouse, a donkey with a face that made me think Shrek was just around the corner, and finally, a little old lady. She was notable because even though she was only about 5 feet tall, her hair soared at least 2 feet skyward, jet black and thick! Echo's of 70's era televangelism.

You could have driven nails into concrete with that hair. It was marvelous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home