Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Company We Keep

Wow. I see that minuscar provided a link to my blog. I'm honored. If I were you, however, I would pay attention to some of the other links provided there. All you'll find here are a bunch of shitty first drafts from a guy trying to find his voice in the world. That's about it. Really.

I write because I found a powerful statement there. Here 'tis...

The MinusCar Project exists because I believe people that think that the globe is warming because of human activity, specifically carbon emitting human activity, might be right. Because I think they might be right, I think humans need to change. And because I think humans need to change, I think I need to change.

The last part 'got' me. This part:

I think humans need to change. And because I think humans need to change, I think I need to change.

I couldn't get away from that statement. It got inside my head and wouldn't leave me alone, demanding either a different set of beliefs or a change of behavior. I recently wrote an article about that change. In the process, I learned something.

Writing and wrestling with ideas strenghthens me. Putting it down, stripping it to the bones, enlarges my life. Fertilizer for change?

(shitty first drafts as fertilizer - ok, that's just wrong)

I need to change more than my carbon footprint, but in the spirit of keeping track of the carbon footprint for this past week...

A/C - two nights
Car miles 4.6

5 Comments:

Blogger mytzpyk said...

Hope it's ok that I linked to you. You thought you'd stay anon longer I'm sure...

To be sure, just your anecdote at the end of "Proud Papa" is worth the price of admission.

Sat Sep 02, 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger mytzpyk said...

Hope it's ok that I linked to you. You thought you'd stay anon longer I'm sure...

To be sure, just your anecdote at the end of "Proud Papa" is worth the price of admission.

Sat Sep 02, 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger mytzpyk said...

I hope it's ok I linked to you. I suppose you thought you'd be anon longer.

To be sure, just the anecdote at the end of proud papa was worth the price of admission.

Sat Sep 02, 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Ariah said...

Woo,
thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you find interesting and still loving things on there and that you continue to stop by.

I appreciate your words and your life.

Sat Sep 02, 04:18:00 PM  
Blogger Woodog said...

I'm really glad you showed up, both of ya. MinusCar, you are one of my heroes.

Woo

Sat Sep 02, 10:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home