Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Catharsis

The country is frenzied with political projections. I'm happy avoiding the political blogs and hanging out with my cat. I'm hoping the outcome of this night will at least be oversight of our reckless, dangerous president.

Tomorrow I continue to learn the new Yang style taiji sword form being taught to our small, extremely fortunate group by Ding Ma Ma. It's the first new martial arts form (and the only sword form) I've learned in 16 years, and the 'learning' mode is definitely different from the 'maintaining' mode or the 'teaching' mode.

I'm almost tempted to return to martial arts study (I earned my first black belt in Shaolin martial arts in 1982) ... but typically martial arts studios are testosterone laden vats of male attitude that i don't have time for. Plus, it hurts more at 48 than it did at 24. Unfortunately there is no school dedicated to the soft styles of wushu around here.

Time for sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home