Thursday, November 16, 2006

Focus

Sucky weather day, and my alarm clock was the Kid’s frustrated voice yelling ‘Great, I missed my FUCKING ride’ followed by a sheepish ‘Dad, can I have a ride to school?’. Of course, I say. After dropping him off at school I head to the hospital lab where I’ll have blood drawn in preparation for my physical on Monday. They don’t know I’m coming and don’t have any ‘orders’. This appointment has been on the ‘books’ since February. I cancelled the Monday appointment and left without having blood drawn. I was a pissed off guy. I’ll do it in March.

Even with my massive indignation the universe continued to whirl about, apparently unconcerned about my mood, and now as I’m writing about it everything just feels silly. I’m glad I could let it go.

I was late to work but what of it? Because of the limited time, I decided to ride the bike even in the cold rain of this pissy day and it was miserable, but only slightly so. I would rather have had the time to walk, though.

Over at minuscar there are a couple of MP3 files. I listened to the one from the Mars Hill Church, about slowing down, because it was the quickest to load. Yes, I can see the irony. There was a tidbit that I wrote down so I wouldn’t forget it - 'one of the central practices of the examined life is we look thoroughly at our soul ad find out what is going on inside of us - There were other gems about the importance of observing an off day, resisting the deceitfulness of wealth, being right here, right now and taking time for nothingness. Good stuff. I’m being ministered to by a site I originally visited because I like to ride my bicycle. I hope minuscar gets a giggle out of that.

-------

update: MinusCar has taken the link to this spot down. Good. I can go back to anonymity. :-) His blog has had, and will continue to have, a major impact on the way I live.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Woo! Alot.

I remember when I used to write about bicycling. More fun that.

I still owe you a document.

Peace (and carrots).

Fri Nov 17, 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger mytzpyk said...

From Sabbath:

The great theologian Abraham Joshua Heschel said, "the sabbath gives the world the energy it needs to go for another six days."

How long has the world gone without a sabbath? How great is its need for one now.

You don't mind if I post over here instead of my own space do you?

Sorry. Farewell.

:)

Sat Nov 18, 11:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home